The Independent London Newspaper
22nd September 2018

Parliament Hill school hot-shots set the pace

    Girls from Parliament Hill School

    THE girls from Parliament Hill School (pictured) really are proving too hot to handle on the football pitch.
    Players from the Highgate Road school brushed aside rivals to win the Year 10 and 11 Camden School Sports Federation Football Championships.
    The success comes just weeks after Parliament Hill won the Year 8 Football League, which was organised by former England and Arsenal Ladies star Kirsty Pealling.

    Rampant Gunners

    Women's Premier League
    Arsenal 8, Bristol 0

    ARSENAL Ladies continued their relentless climb up the Premier League table on Sunday with a thumping win over Bristol Academy.
    Kim Little broke the deadlock from the penalty spot before Jayne Ludlow doubled the advantage with a clever turn and finish. Helen Lander made it 3-0 at half time after she headed home a Gemma Davison cross.
    Davison added a goal of her own in the second half, firing a low shot home from outside the box.
    Katie Chapman scored the Gunners fifth, closely followed by Little’s second of the game. Jennifer Beattie and Danielle Carter also found the back of the net to seal an 8-0 victory.
    The result leaves Arsenal seven points behind leaders Sunderland with seven games in hand.

    Greater London League
    Russell Cup Second Round
    East London 1, Katabella 2

    KATS progressed into the third round of the Russell Cup on Sunday despite only fielding nine players against East London.
    The Camden-based side dominated the game and took a deserved lead when Tamar Koch scored with a powerful shot from the edge of the area.
    East London Ladies hit back to level the scores, but Katabella weren’t to be denied and went on to clinch a 2-1 win when the unstoppable Koch chipped the keeper.

    Greater London League
    Division One
    Camden Town 1, Spurs Reserves 4

    BATTLING Camden Town slipped to their sixth defeat of the season on Sunday at Regent’s Park.
    Spurs broke the deadlock early in the second half with an emphatic free-kick from just outside the box. The home side hit back to equalise when Sarah Boyall played the ball across the box to Sophie Langman, who fired home. The league leaders, however, proved too strong for Town and went on to take all three points with a late rally.


    Post new comment

    By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.